Highlights of the year:
- 3 dates of Warped Tour: Irvine, Pomona, and Chula Vista - barbecues, bowling, press passes, all access.
- Small road trip down to San Diego with my best friend.
- Attending the 2012 VMA’s and sitting with the celebrities. It was unbelievable. Got to sit near One Direction, Nate from fun., and the casts of Jersey Shore and Awkward. So crazy to be only a couple of feet away from such well-known people.
- Constantly went to shows and was able to photograph countless musicians. I started shooting shows in early January and have improved so much in a year.
- Took a photography class and graduated high school with so many accomplishments.
- Turned eighteen.
- Got my first tattoo: a feather on the side of my rib cage. Definitely not my last.
- Constant trips to Los Angeles.
- Two dates of the US Open of Surfing. Their press people were awful, but it was great to experience concerts on the beach for a change.
- Brandy Melville Summer Pop-up Shop.
- Getting to see Austin Carlile at the Universal Citywalk. Always love to talk to that guy.
- Saw One Direction twice and they were perfect.
- Lights’ Summer Sessions performance at Warner Brothers Records. We were the last three people they let into the show.
- Saw Boys Like Girls on Jimmy Kimmel.
- Met musicians that I’ve been waiting years to meet: Tyson Ritter, Christofer Drew Ingle, Anthony Green, Lights, Martin Johnson, and many more. They were all so wonderful to talk to.
- Had the opportunity to see my favorite childhood band in person. Cried. A lot.
- Saw some of my favorite celebrities in person. Miley Cyrus is even more beautiful in person.
- Randomly ran into Mark Foster from Foster the People and Shane Dawson at the Grove.
- Saw Jack’s Mannequin in their last performance.
- Expanded my taste in music. It’s all over the place now but I’m not complaining.
- Planned out a new music publication that I’m hoping to announce very soon.
- And so much more that I may have missed.
It’s been an amazing year. Went on so many adventures. Crossed paths with so many wonderful people that I’m happy to call my friends. I couldn’t have asked for a better year.
All the little things added up to make this year amazing. The late night dinner dates after shows, the Starbucks trips, the sleepovers, sitting in the photo pit waiting for a band to start, getting sushi down by the beach, going to thrift stores, shows at Chain Reaction, shopping around at Amoeba music, taking film photos, waiting in line at a venue all day, the long drives, exploring the city.
I will never forget this year, it’s been the best yet. I’m honestly sad that 2012 has come to an end, but I know that this next year will only bring bigger and better things. I’m terrified of what this year is going to be like, but I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds for me.
My year was unforgettable. Hope you all had a great New Year’s Day!